You need not be a member of Hamilton Union to participate in most groups listed. Also, meeting times shown are current meeting times. Groups adjust meeting times depending on the needs and availability of their participants.
Making Connections Adult Bible Study meets once a week, currently Mondays at 2 – 3:30 pm. The group studies Bible readings for the coming Sunday’s worship and is led by members of the congregation.
care for our members and alert the congregation to needs of those who are ill or home-bound.
- visit, call and send cards to the sick and shut-ins;
- deliver flowers from Worship to shut-ins;
- prepare the Communion Table and arrange for Communion for shut-ins; and
- coordinate and sometimes prepare receptions for memorial services.
Peer Group offers support to those who have lost a spouse or partner through death or divorce. Activities are member-driven and include, but are not limited to:
- fellowship meals at local restaurants, including at least one annual ethnic dinner;
- holiday and farmers’ market shopping trips; and
- Movies and Munchies.
Activities include local, regional, and international mission projects, Bible Study and fellowship. Hamilton Union’s Presbyterian Women’s Circle meets monthly and for special events. The group uses Horizons Bible studies and has strong connections to Presbyterian Women at the Presbytery and Synod levels.
Some of our Mission partners include:
- The New Faith Family Program for Women at the Capital City Rescue Mission. We provide Christmas gifts, Easter baskets, winter clothing accessories and needed personal items.
- The Family Life Center at the City Mission of Schenectady. We provide Easter baskets and winter clothing accessories.
- The MoonCatcher Project. We host Moonbees and support fundraisers.
Presbyterian Women also:
- remember young people of the congregation who have moved away or are serving in the military with cards, and
- pack and deliver cookies for people in need and church staff at Christmas time.
Hamilton Union is also active in the Presbytery of Albany. Members serve on several Presbytery committees and the Trustees. One of our members was elected as a delegate to the 2018 General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church USA.