A reminder: The first of three Zoom meetings to discuss goals identified in our Mission Study is coming up this Sunday, September 13 at 7:15 PM. Pastor Janice will “open the doors” for the meeting at 7 pm. This meeting will focus on Mission and Community. As promised, here are some discussion questions for you to think about to inform our discussion. There is no right or wrong answer to these; they are strictly to get the discussion started.
- As people of faith, how can we be involved in our community (Guilderland), our Presbytery, our nation, and the world? Do we want to become involved in social justice issues as well as more traditional Mission work and support? How do we prioritize these? What can we do to make an impact?
- There are many ways the church can support Mission: financially, hands-on activities, Mission trips, educational opportunities, sponsorship, etc. What are the top two most important ways for you?
- What Missions do we/might we support? Is there a percentage of the Church’s spending that should go to Mission?
- Should we/can we partner with other Churches and faith communities? What might the benefits be of such partnerships?
- How can we use our buildings/space for the benefit of our community? Can we/should we sponsor events for/with the community? If so, what types of events?
We hope you will be able to join us this Sunday, but if you cannot, you may send written comments to any Session member via email or mail. Please keep your response to one page or less, and all letters must be signed.
Thank you in advance for your thoughts and input!
Here’s the Zoom info:
Sunday, Sept. 13, 7:00 for 7:15-8:15 pm – Mission Study: Mission and Community.
Tel. 1-929-205-6099 Meeting ID: 823 7458 2461