Our Church at Work
Our church is governed by a governing board called The Session, which is comprised of nine members elected by the congregation. We have a Board of Deacons and several ministry teams. Hamilton Union houses the Hamilton Union Nursery School and the Food Pantry (which is run by the Guilderland Interfaith Council). We also have several groups that use our facilities on weeknights, including Girl Scout and Boy Scout Troops.
- Session - the governing board of the church responsible for all actions and activities of the church. The elected members of the Session chair each of the ministry teams, oversee the finances of the church and provide leadership in worship and personnel.
- Deacons - the group of dedicated members who assist the pastor in the hands-on caring ministry of the church. Some activities include hospital visitation, outreach to the home bound and response to those in need.
- Christian Education - the ministry team responsible for the planning and coordination of the church's educational program. They oversee the church school for all ages, the Vacation Bible School, the Christmas Bible School, the Sunday Nursery and various special events such as Rally Day Picnic. For more information see the "Children & Youth" page or the Calendar of Events in the Church Newsletter.
- Outreach - the ministry team that reaches out to the surrounding community with an invitation to participate in our church. They also encourage the fellowship of the church family with such activities as potluck dinners, canoe trips and a holiday carol sing.
- Property - the ministry team that oversees the maintenance and beauty of the church property inside and outside the building.
- Mission & Social Witness - the ministry team that encourages and facilitates our participation in witness and mission to the community and the world through the collection of monies and material for those in need. Also, hands-on mission opportunities are provided through the food bank and other community programs.
- Worship - the ministry team that ensures the coordination of the environment of worship including the music, leadership and elements of the sanctuary. For more details about our worship experience see the "Worship in HUPC" page. Also, for more details about our music see the "Music Ministry" page.
- HUPC Presbyterian Women - an organization which meets monthly for Bible study and Christian fellowship. In addition, the group supports the mission of the church both locally and worldwide. More information can be found on the "HUPC Presbyterian Women" page.
- Hamilton Union Cooperative Nursery School - a church sponsered cooperative pre-school for children ages three and four. The program provides a warm, secure and stimulating environment that is fun and encourages the children to explore through learning. More information can be found at the Hamilton Union Cooperative Nursery School website.