Our Core Values
- To be caring about our church community.
- to be friendly with a spontaneous welcoming and acceptance.
- to be actively concerned with one another’s well-being.
- understand Christian community as a long term commitment to the mission of Jesus Christ and to one another.
- To be people who accept ourselves and each other as who we are, imperfect children of God, who are open with our struggles and joys.
- because we ourselves know the Unconditional Love of Jesus Christ.
- we seek to forgive one another as we have been forgiven.
- open to different gifts, different strengths, different points of view.
- Working together without jealousy.
- willing to weather the difficulties of serving Christ in a broken world.
- to be personally as well as financially involved.
- Even when we are pushed beyond what is familiar and comfortable
- Admitting that we are not in control, God is.
To be a multi-generational community focused on spiritual growth for all ages.
To foster a collaborative environment...
To follow strong spiritual leadership
To be mindful of mission beyond the congregation.
To be open to what the Holy Spirit is doing.
We seek to avoid being…
- Focused on survival
- Stuffy, phony or hypocritical
- Driven by issues instead of by the leading of the holy Spirit and the guidance of the Scriptures.
- Inclined to marginalize people with whom we disagree
- Forming cliques
- Without a sense of humor about ourselves
Developed by Discernment Team, June, 2009;
modified by the congregation 2009, 2013.